Did You Know
- That the Hebron glass industry goes back to the 13th C
- That a giraffe, 3 zebras at Qalqilya Zoo were casualties of the Arab-Israeli conflict.
- That Palestinians have been eating lentils since at least 8,000BC.
- That the Church of Mary over the tomb of the Virgin Mary has a mihrab (niche at direction of Kaaba, Mecca) where Muslims face when praying since Mary is the most revered woman in humanity in both Christianity and Islam.
- That Zaatar (Thyme) is believed to keep the mind alert and bring wittiness
- That the mid-19th C Palestinian-developed Jaffa oranges found their way to Queen Victoria’s plate by late 19th Century